Friday, December 02, 2022

A balanced Christian life

Extremism, radicalism, and polarization (whatever name we give it) seem to me a result of a lack of balance. Yeah, in every area of life, whether that is in politics, religious views, social issues, or ideologies.

Sometimes I read or hear stuff that makes me wonder how people got there, somewhat like the turtle on the fence post 😏

It seems to be getting more and more difficult to live a life of choices without being put in a box immediately. My goodness, it is possible to enjoy meat and vegetarian food, sunshine and snow, sports and reading, just to name a few.

It is horrific to see that even Christians struggle to find balance in life. We either act like everything is perfect while it isn't, or we cry over everything like there is no Comforter. Well, maybe it is just me...

The other day I was reminded of what is written in Ecclesiastes 3:1-8,

For everything there is a season, a time for every activity under heaven. A time to be born and a time to die. A time to plant and a time to harvest. A time to kill and a time to heal. A time to tear down and a time to build up. A time to cry and a time to laugh. A time to grieve and a time to dance. A time to scatter stones and a time to gather stones. A time to embrace and a time to turn away. A time to search and a time to quit searching. A time to keep and a time to throw away. A time to tear and a time to mend. A time to be quiet and a time to speak. A time to love and a time to hate. A time for war and a time for peace.

I realize I am somewhat radical in my worldview and if it wasn't for the teachings in the Bible I would be all over the place, probably. 👉But knowing that God wants me to learn to live well under ALL circumstances helps me a lot. The apostle Paul wrote in Philippians 4:11-13,

I have learned how to be content with whatever I have. I know how to live on almost nothing or with everything. I have learned the secret of living in every situation, whether it is with a full stomach or empty, with plenty or little. For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength.

I am curious, how do you keep the balance?

6 comments:

  1. Believing in God keeps me in balance, Marja. I'm grounded in Him!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having God in my life keeps me on an even keel, (most of the time,)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen, yes may we all seek a life of balance, may we `seek shalom and pursue it`! That is one of my favorite verses, knowing its easy to tip the balance so its important to be vigilant! I love the word shalom as it means completeness, and a life in balance in the LORD. Blessings and Shalom to you Marja❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe the abundant life Jesus came to give us is hidden in that beautiful word 'shalom' Shayndel. Thank you for your comment, I appreciate it.

      Delete

Thanks for your visit, it is my hope and prayer that this post was an encouragement to you! Feel free to leave a comment.