Tuesday, August 09, 2022

For the honor of His name (3)

In the previous blog posts in this series, we saw that God is good to us, which brings honor to His own name. He renews our strength, He guides us along the right path, and He forgives our sins.

Let's stay in the book of Psalms and go to Psalm 31:2-3, Turn your ear to listen to me; rescue me quickly. Be my rock of protection, a fortress where I will be safe. You are my rock and my fortress. For the honor of your name, lead me out of this danger. Pull me from the trap my enemies set for me, for I find protection in you alone.

God is our rescuer, our protector, and our defender. In essence, He is our Savior! Whatever danger we might find ourselves in (self inflicted or not), He is ready to lead us out and bring us back to safety. This is His nature, this is who He is and when He acts according to His nature, it brings honor to His name.

That makes sense, doesn't it? A savior saves, a healer heals, and a protector protects. God always acts according to His nature and this brings honor to His name. This is how people get to see Him and know Him.

Now, it is our job, as believers, to make Him known to people who have never heard of Him or have a wrong concept of who God is. 👉When we point people to the Savior, the Rescuer, the Protector... we bring honor to His name!

7 comments:

  1. Don't we bring honor to His Name when we give thanks to Him for what He has done for us? We have to appreciate the small things we are granted in our lives. Peace and blessings to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. May all we do bring honor to God's name!
    Blessings, Marja!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:52 AM

    Amén. Thank you for sharing. Regine
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting Regine, I will check your blog!

      Delete
  4. Thanks for your comments and personal story. I think we often see God's hand in these things afterwards or halfway through it, but we always learn!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your visit, it is my hope and prayer that this post was an encouragement to you! Feel free to leave a comment.