Tuesday, July 19, 2022

A mandate to shine

The other day I came across a sentence in one of the books I am currently reading, that really stuck with me... I mean like glue. 

Shine where you are.

Shine where you are. Four simple words that made me wonder what would happen if we all did that? Just imagine... we would live in a different world!

What if we would shine exactly in the place or position we are in right now? Not when things get better, not when we have it all together, not when we are healed, not when we are out of trouble, not when our government changes... but now, right where we are.

Maybe you don't want to shine, maybe you prefer complaining and grumbling. 👉 But for believers it is different, we have a mandate to shine! Think about that.

Do everything without complaining or arguing, so that you may be innocent and pure as God's perfect children, who live in a world of corrupt and sinful people. You must shine among them like stars lighting up the sky (Philippians 2:14-15, GNT).

Just imagine...

4 comments:

  1. Reminds of the saying, "Grow where you are planted." Makes sense to me, Marja. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that is a good one, in other words: don't wait for circumstances to change!

      Delete
  2. This reminds me of a gospel song, "You can't be a beacon if your light don't shine." (Forgive my incorrect English.) Peace and blessings to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cecelia, that is as in 'don't put your light under the table'.

      Delete

Thanks for your visit, it is my hope and prayer that this post was an encouragement to you! Feel free to leave a comment.