Sunday, June 19, 2022

Millions are their numbers

When my book Breath of Life was published, back in 2008, I had no idea it would remain so topical and accurate. I received many comments on the story of Sorek, as described in that book.

With the abortion debate flaring up again, reader Don Coley (CA) sent me a message recently, that said:

"In the USA there is now a renewed opportunity for Sorek and his Breath of Life. His developing personality was so engaging that, after reading Breath of Life, I wrote about Sorek as well."

Don's poem will resonate with everyone who has read Breath of Life and hopefully trigger the curiosity of those who haven't read it yet.

Who will side with Sorek? Who will set him free?

God has formed his features, God has shaped his plan

This God who holds his future, still gives a choice to Man


Choice to seek his purpose or choice to turn away

Choice that stops a beating heart, erases birth that day

No laughter in his future. No hugs, no friends, no wife

Because a choice was wrongly used and took his Breath of Life


Millions are their numbers, Sorek all their name

Lives not lived but slaughtered, choice reduced to shame

Must it always be this way? Is there nothing we can do?

To value life above false choice? What’s next is up to you.


Who will side with Sorek? Who will set him free?

I will side with Sorek, I will help him be.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your visit, it is my hope and prayer that this post was an encouragement to you! Feel free to leave a comment.