Saturday, March 06, 2021

About prayers and frustration...

With everything that is going on in the world right now, I struggle with praying (yep). I am frustrated with my own prayers. I admit it and I know I am not the only one 😁

I find myself struggling on a daily basis. Should I pray as David prayed? Lord, kill the wicked. Wipe 'm off the face of the earth! Sometimes I feel like doing that, but somehow it does not satisfy my soul. 

Well, maybe it is better to pray a nice prayer... Lord, forgive those who oppose You, for they don't know what they are doing. Hm, quite a humble prayer, based on the words of Jesus when He prayed for His accusers. However, under current circumstances, it seems passive to me.

Or maybe I should pray a prayer of love, simply because love will never fail. Lord, thank You for being love. Show Your love to those that hate You. Well, something like that. But I find this quite difficult when my heart is restless and frustration and anger are rising up regularly.

I don't know how you handle prayers for the world's situation these days, but I have decided that the Lord's prayer is probably the best proclamation prayer, 👉 and I put emphasis on this verse:

Your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven (Matthew 6:10).

It doesn't really matter how I think or feel. This is what I need to proclaim over every possible situation. I hope it is your prayer as well!

Do you have a particular prayer, you have been praying lately?


4 comments:

  1. Thank you this is true finding prayer outside of are own knowledge of how we percieve things can be hard. A simple pray that is my favorite prayer on earth as it is in heaven. Amen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On earth, as it is in heaven! Always a good prayer indeed. His reign here as it is there!

      Delete
  2. I have been in the same dilemma, Marja, finding it so difficult to pray for my enemies and those who would persecute me. However, the Lord's Prayer is the solution as you've stated here - simply asking that God's will be done. Thank you for this!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment Martha. We don't have to come up with something new, as the old has never lost its power!

      Delete

Thanks for your visit, it is my hope and prayer that this post was an encouragement to you! Feel free to leave a comment.