Sunday, November 08, 2020

Eerie feeling?

I don't like it when it happens, but from time to time I have that eerie feeling come over me, that feeling that we can't be sure of anything anymore. 

Anyone with me? Or is it just my imagination?

What was wrong yesterday, is right tomorrow. What used to be normal is now regarded as weird and what was logical is now unexplainable. Talking about confusion...

I was pondering about that this morning and the thought came to me that God is not a God of confusion, He is a God of order, of peace, and of love. I really felt He wanted me to write a blog about the 'surelies' as we can find them in the Bible. You know, where someone, or even God Himself, starts a sentence with SURELY....

'Remind the people about My surelies...' So, okay, here we go. I hope this post will be an encouragement to you.

  • Surely your goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever (Psalm 23:6)
  • Surely God is my help; the Lord is the one who sustains me (Psalm 54:4)
  • There is surely a future hope for you, and your hope will not be cut off (Proverbs 23:18)
  • Surely God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid. The Lord, the Lord himself, is my strength and my defense; he has become my salvation.” (Isaiah 12:2)
  • Surely the arm of the Lord is not too short to save, nor his ear too dull to hear (Isaiah 59:1)
  • 👉And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”(Matthew 28:20)

Well, if that does not get you excited, I don't know what will. God's Word is our treasure, true riches at hand. And the most beautiful thing is that everything may change around us, but the Word of the Lord remains forever.

It is written: “‘As surely as I live,’ says the Lord, ‘every knee will bow before me; every tongue will acknowledge God.’” (Romans 14:11).

8 comments:

  1. Surely this article is a comfort to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meant to put this under my name.

      Delete
    2. Hi Patricia, I am glad to hear that. Sometimes I struggle to write an encouraging post, but when I pray about, God always gives me an idea :)

      Delete
  2. We can surely depend upon God to be steadfast, true and faithfully as we walk with Him, no matter how confused we may feel at the moment.
    Blessings, Marja!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I have to remind myself regularly that, surely, He is trustworthy and good! Thanks Martha.

      Delete
  3. With the chaos going on around us, it can be hard to remember that God is Lord of the universe and completely in control. Thanks for the timely reminder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You welcome David, it is kind of easy to get sidetracked by all that is going on, but I have decided to keep my eyes on Jesus!

      Delete
  4. Lovely blog you have here

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your visit, it is my hope and prayer that this post was an encouragement to you! Feel free to leave a comment.