Wednesday, January 22, 2020

My #oneword for 2020

In general, I do not participate in online games and hypes, but I do like the #oneword challenge. In the past, I posted about my words, thoughts, and experiences and it was always a good experience. However, in recent years I did not give myself the time to think about a word or to wait for a word (recognize this?).

At the beginning of this new year, however, I did get a very clear word for 2020 on my heart (from the Holy Spirit): expectation. The questions I asked myself were: do I still pray with expectation, expectation that God will do something, that circumstances will change and people will be touched? Do I still expect new things in my work, my family and my calling?

The scripture that came to my mind was Psalm 5: 4: Listen to my voice in the morning, Lord. Each morning I bring my requests to you and wait expectantly. How about that? Bringing our requests before Him in the morning and then what? Wait with expectation!

I sense, I have to learn again to pray like this, with the expectation that something will actually happen. I'm happy with that word for a new year, it triggers something, it stirs up something...

Do you have a word for 2020?

7 comments:

  1. What a perfect word, Marja! We should all live expectantly to see what the Lord will do next. I have two words: submit and trust. I need to remind myself daily that God is in control, not me.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness, submit and trust, such a combination. Love it. Looking forward to your blogs.

      Delete
  2. My word for 2020 is PRAISE. I believe I was to choose this word because I found myself getting bogged down emotionally by circumstances and events that happened around me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Praise, that is a wonderful reminder Cecelia, each day, that He and he alone deserves our praises!

      Delete
  3. Anonymous10:40 PM

    Hi Marja, since I started blogging and seeing all the "word for the year" posts, I really liked it over the usual "new year's resolutions". But this year, nothing has come to mind. Maybe it still will but at the end of the day, the only "Word" that matters, is God's word! Love your word, expectation! Speaks of a longing and desire to know God more, and trusting for it to come to fruition.
    Great post, God bless
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tracy, I did not have a word for many years. Thinking back, I believe it did not happen because I was too restless to sit and wait for one :) But now I am very happy with 'expectation'. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  4. Great blog I enjooyed reading

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your visit, it is my hope and prayer that this post was an encouragement to you! Feel free to leave a comment.