Tuesday, April 24, 2018

7th book in series released

I am taking a little break from my blog series about the purpose of the church... for a good reason :) The latest title in my book series about the Ten Commandments in the 21st century has been released this week!

'In My Name' is the 7th book in the series, I have been working on for years now. All bloggers that write and publish books, will know how much effort, time, love, struggle, frustration, doubt and jubilation is hidden in the writing process. 

Finding time, or should I say: making time to write, turns out to be the hardest thing to do, again and again. I wrote the bulk of this book while on vacation in Portugal; not a bad place to work after all.

'In My Name' is a short study based on the 3rd Commandment which tells us not to use the name of the Lord in vain. I have linked this commandment to the words of Jesus in the Lord's prayer: 'hallowed be your name'. It is one thing to claim we don’t use the Lord’s name in vain, but what do we do? Are we bringing honor to His name? Do we have a genuine love for His name? And most of all, is everything we do and say then, done in His name?

‘Lord’ is not a word to end our sentences with when we talk to Him, nor is it a filler to make our prayers sound more holy and authentic. ‘Lord’ is His personal revelatory name and He gave it to us for use on a daily basis.


If you have read any of the previous books in this series, you will certainly enjoy this one, which encourages you to invite God's presence in daily situation. Reader's Favorite gave it a thumbs up in a 5-star review.


'In My Name' e-book is available on Amazon for 2.99. The European paperback version will come out beginning of May. 

PS:  I will post a give-away soon!

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Marja. I know it has been done well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cecelia, I am happy that a new book has been released.

      Delete
  2. OH, how wonderful to have this done, Marja! Congratulations on all your hard work and love for the Body of Christ, to bless us with your insights.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind words Jeanette, you are a blessing!

      Delete

Thanks for your visit, it is my hope and prayer that this post was an encouragement to you! Feel free to leave a comment.