Monday, October 25, 2010

Inspirational art!

Jesus is sitting at the place of highest honor next to God, pleading for us there in heaven
Romans 8:34
Last Saturday night we attended a fundraiser dinner organised by Messianic congregation Elohim Hu Ahavah to raise money for a mission trip to Israel. It was a wonderful evening under the stars with music, dance, great food and many interesting people to talk with. There was also a silent auction and we purchased an exceptional oil on canvas by local artist Michelle Honles. It is an absolutely stunning image of Jesus praying....
It was her unconventional use of yellow and orange in His prayer shawl that really caught our attention. The fact that she painted this in one day, in an artistic flow of the Holy Spirit makes it even more special! What an awesome piece of art!
We LOVE it!!

5 comments:

  1. I don't blame you for loving it... it's beautiful! Sounds like a fun time :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Painting is wonderful and I wish I could have been at the gathering!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is striking. I love the colors. Thanks, Marja, for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so thrilled with this painting... it really speaks to me. Now, I have to find a way to ship it to Holland, where I want to have it on my yellow (ocre) wall in the living room....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful painting! Just knowing that the very God of heaven prays for us is a bit overwhelming! Thanks for sharing your inspirational evening.

    *Thanks for stopping by Life Lessons! I appreciate your honesty! Isn't it easy to get caught up in our own agenda, to the exclusion of His?! Not that activities/tasks on our agenda aren't important,but it is a huge mistake to leave God out of our daily plans!! I know you're looking for those opportunities He's giving you this week, my friend!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your visit, it is my hope and prayer that this post was an encouragement to you! Feel free to leave a comment.