Tuesday, June 06, 2006

How the series started


A message given by the Holy Spirit
One morning my husband and I were studying the Bible and praying, when somehow we came across the Scripture in Isaiah 58:13-14, which deals with honoring the Sabbath as in the 4th Commandment. I heard an unmistakable voice inside my spirit. "This is your book." I wrote down that Scripture on a piece of paper, and we immediately prayed over it. We thanked God for the idea, we prayed for wisdom and inspiration, we blessed the work of my hands, and we declared it a bestseller, right there and then, before one word was written down. The book was there in the spiritual; it was my job to give it form in the natural!
When God has a message for His people, He uses someone to proclaim it, just as in Old Testament times. He uses a messenger, a prophet, many times one that has no clue as of what to say or how to explain things. In this case, someone who does not even master the language perfectly, someone who has never written a book before and who never spoke to an entire generation. I simply wrote down what He wanted me to write down. The subject has never before been on my mind. Believe me when I say it would be the last thing I wanted to write about. It is His message, and I see it as my assignment to give it to you and to make you think about it. His message still has the power to change lives and ultimately that of a nation!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your visit, it is my hope and prayer that this post was an encouragement to you! Feel free to leave a comment.