Monday, December 12, 2011

Benefit package (1)

Walking through the Bible I opened the door of Psalm 19 and there, smack in the middle of David's praise, I found the blessings for studying and applying God's command-ments. Since my books are based on the Ten Commandments, I thought it would be interesting and helpful to share with you the benefits of studying His Word. I'll call it the benefit package 101.

The law of the Lord is perfect, reviving the soul (Psalm 19:7)

The law of the Lord is not boring, outdated, or even uninteresting... it is perfect. As the apostle Paul later wrote: the law is holy, and the commandment is holy, righteous and good (Romans 7:12). God's law has not changed, the meaning has changed. In Old Testament times it was there to point people to their shortcomings and need for a savior. In New Testament times it is there to help us build a better and more godly society. The law now needs to be written on the hearts of the people.

The law is not only perfect, it is also reviving to the soul. We no longer keep or obey the law, we fulfill it by living it. And in doing so our soul gets revived, our soul gets watered, so we can flourish and refresh others. Are you longing for a revival deep down within you? Are you longing for a refreshing rain that will encourage and lift you up?

I challenge you to read one of my books and e-mail me whether it was reviving to your soul or not...

6 comments:

  1. I love that - benefit package! That is indeed what we are promised. Reminds me of Psalm 103 - forget not all His benefits. Amen!
    Blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Karen, Psalm 103 has been one of my long time favorite benefit packages! Thanks for adding that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice. We fulfill it by living it...oh, Thank and Praise God for grace! Hmmm, I will have to check out your books. I little revival every day, is a heavenly thing! ;) Have a joy - FULL week, Marja!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7:34 AM

    Hi Marja - love this. I love the scripture you use too. Its so true that when you read the word how much different you feel inwardly, revived and renewed and refreshed. Great post
    God bless
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for visitng ladies :) Sweet. A little revival every day yes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Years ago I typed out that list of Laws and I am still learning about it. I really need that daily revival of my soul.
    Thanks, Marja,

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your visit, it is my hope and prayer that this post was an encouragement to you! Feel free to leave a comment.