Thursday, January 25, 2007

Mutual Respect

A Major Issue To God
Hope I didn't scare away the fast food junkies with a book like Respectfully Yours. I know, I know, the 7-steps to happiness and success books are popular, but that is just not what this is all about. No processed food, no prepared dish. You actually have to do some work to get the best result; so let's start cooking!
In Respectfully Yours we will take a look at the mutual respect between parents and children. You may think: that is not the guideline I need to better my life. How would it be possible to change the things around me and eventually the world into a better place by respecting my parents or being kind to my children? It seems such a minor act of influence compared to all the wickedness I experience around me. Well, maybe it is a minor issue to us, but it is a major one to God, that is why he put it on His special list: the Ten Commandments.
If you think the Commandments are outdated, think again. If Jesus said I have not come to do away with them, but to make their teachings come true (Matthew 5:17), how in the world could we do away with them! That would be contradicting His statement. Jesus made the teachings come true. As followers of Christ we need to do the same. Every time we act in love, we make the teachings come true, because love is the fulfillment of the Law (Romans 13:10).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your visit, it is my hope and prayer that this post was an encouragement to you! Feel free to leave a comment.